Saturday, April 5, 2025
27 C
Brunei Town
More

    Guardiola and Burnley’s Dyche test positive for COVID

    LONDON (AFP) – Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola has tested positive for COVID-19 in a major outbreak at the Premier League club as Burnley also announced yesterday that manager Sean Dyche had been sidelined by the virus.

    Premier League champions City said 21 players and staff were now isolating for COVID-related reasons as the virus wreaked further havoc on English football.

    “Pep Guardiola will miss tomorrow evening’s FA Cup trip to Swindon Town after testing positive for COVID-19,” the club said in a statement.

    The City manager recorded a positive test on Tuesday along with assistant Juanma Lillo. Both are now isolating, along with a number of other positive cases within the City first-team bubble.

    This brings the number of those isolating for COVID-related reasons amongst the group to 21. Of that number, 14 are backroom staff and seven are first-team players. Despite the outbreak, the third-round FA Cup tie is still scheduled to go ahead with Guardiola assistant Rodolfo Borrell taking charge.

    Farewell courtesy call

    Her Royal Highness Princess Hajah Masna, Ambassador-at-Large at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs received a farewell courtesy call from High Commissioner of India to Brunei Darussalam Ajaneesh Kumar on January 4. More details in Friday’s Borneo Bulletin.

    Ensuring diligent preparations

    Minister of Education Dato Seri Setia Awang Haji Hamzah bin Haji Sulaiman made a working visit to the Sufri Bolkiah Secondary School, which is temporarily housed at the Muda Hashim Secondary School building. More details in Friday’s Borneo Bulletin.

    RBC’s Central Kitchen receives international recognition

    The Asia Pacific Division (APD) of the Foodservice Consultants Society International (FCSI) recently awarded the development project of Royal Brunei Culinary’s (RBC) Central Kitchen as one of the winners of its inaugural Project Excellence initiative. More details in Friday’s Borneo Bulletin.

    Another COVID-19 related death recorded

    The country recorded another COVID-19 related death for the second consecutive day yesterday, bringing the total number of fatalities in the country to 59, according to a statement provided by the Ministry of Health. No details on the latest fatality were included. More details in Friday’s Borneo Bulletin.

    Muted crowds for Tamu Tutong’s return

    Tamu Tutong’s return was met with a muted response in comparison to its usual crowds before it was temporarily closed during the second wave of COVID-19 infections in the country.  More details in Friday’s Borneo Bulletin.

    China plans space station completion, rocket launches in 2022

    BEIJING (AP) – China has recommitted itself to completing its orbiting space station by the end of the year and says it is planning more than 40 launches for 2022, putting it roughly level with the United States (US). More details in Friday’s Borneo Bulletin.

    Dozens of protesters, 12 police dead in Kazakhstan protests

    MOSCOW (AP) – Security forces killed dozens of protesters and 12 police died during extraordinarily violent demonstrations in Kazakhstan that saw government buildings stormed and set ablaze, authorities said yesterday. More details in Friday’s Borneo Bulletin.

    N Korea claims second successful missile test

    SEOUL (AP) – North Korea claimed yesterday to have conducted the second successful test flight of a hypersonic missile, days after leader Kim Jong-Un vowed to bolster his military forces despite pandemic-related difficulties. More details in Friday’s Borneo Bulletin.

    Trending News