21.9 C
Brunei
Monday, June 27, 2022
21.9 C
Brunei
Monday, June 27, 2022
More
    - Advertisement -
    - Advertisement -

    Search for members of Marcos Jr’s Philippines’ Cabinet ongoing

    PHILIPPINES DAILY INQUIRER/ANN – The interview and vetting process is still ongoing for other positions in the Cabinet of presumptive president Ferdinand ‘Bongbong’ Marcos Jr, his spokesman said yesterday.

    Marcos Jr’s spokesperson Attorney Vic Rodriguez said their camp is “moving in the right direction” in completing the next administration’s Cabinet.

    “I know people are excited about the other names we will release but the interview, vetting, and search process are still ongoing to have a Cabinet that will really respond to the problems we will face,” Rodriguez said in an interview with Teleradyo.

    “The election was just concluded exactly a week ago. I think we’re moving in the right direction, with the appropriate speed,” he added.

    So far, only two Cabinet members have been named – presumptive vice-president Sara Duterte as education secretary and former Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) chairman Benhur Abalos as interior secretary.

    Duterte was Marcos Jr’s running mate in the 2022 national polls while Abalos served as the presumptive president’s campaign manager.

    Rodriguez added that some individuals are volunteering to be part of the Cabinet.

    In an earlier interview, Rodriguez talked about the requirements to be a part of the Marcos Cabinet. He said that apart from being competent and qualified, the person should love the country and respect the Constitution.

    Ferdinand ‘Bongbong’ Marcos Jr greets the crowd outside his headquarters in Mandaluyong, Philippines. PHOTO: AP
    - Advertisement -
    spot_img

    Latest article

    - Advertisement -
    spot_img