The results of the closed tender for vehicle registration number (VRN) BBD through 1-Week Bid will be announced through the website of the Land Transport Department (JPD) at the Ministry of Transport and Infocommunications (MTIC) www.jpd.gov.bn and www.nomborku.gov.bn today, the department said in a statement.
Tenderers who participated in the VRN closed tender will receive the results of their bid through their e-mail as registered with the department.
Successful tenderers are required to comply with the terms and conditions as follows:
1. Successful tenderers are required to pay the full amount at tendered and register the VRN under the tenderer’s name no later than one month from the date the issuance of the Award Letter. If the tenderer fails to make the full payment, the bid shall be revoked;
2. Application for the extension of vehicle’s registration period may be submitted after full payment of the VRN has been made within one month from the date of award;
3. After payment, if the applicant has not registered but intends to keep the VRN, the fee for the extension of vehicle’s registration period (holding fee) is BND20 for one year. The minimum holding period is one year and the maximum is 10 years according to the period chosen for each VRN;
4. Payment can be made online or at JPD counters;
5. For those wishing to transfer their Vehicle Registration Number (VRN), the requirements are as follows:
-VRNs are only allowed to be transferred 12 months after the date of the Award Letter; and
-VRNs may be transferred less than 12 months from the date of the Award Letter provided that the VRN has been used (registered) under the name of the VRN’s owner; and
6. Tenderers who fail to pay the full amount will be blacklisted from participating in the closed tender of VRN for one year and the VRN shall be retendered.