Quick thinking stopped an electrical fire from spreading at a house in Kampong Tagap, Selayun Sengkurong.
Six firefighters from Jerudong Fire Station, led by DSO Rapidi bin Haji Matali, responded to a distress call at 1.28am on Monday, according to the Fire and Rescue Department (FRD).
The firefighters on arrival found the fire extinguished by a resident using a 2.5-kilogramme dry powder fire extinguisher. The fire involved a wire connected to a fuse outside the house.
No injuries were reported while the cost of damage and cause of the fire are under investigation.
The public is reminded to make sure their homes are equipped with dry powder fire extinguishers, fire blankets and battery-operated smoke detectors. Wiring and electrical equipment installation should be done by qualified technicians and appliances must be switched off after use or before leaving the house.