A storeroom at the back of a house in Kampong Tanjung Nangka was destroyed by a fire on Saturday.
According to the Fire and Rescue Department (FRD), 10 firefighters from Jerudong Fire station led by DSO Yusof bin Bujang found several pockets of fire upon arrival.
The storeroom was five-metre- long and three-metre-wide and had zinc walls and spandex roofing.
Firefighters brought the situation under control in two minutes. No loss of life or injury was reported, said the FRD. The cause of the fire and damages are under investigation.
The FRD reminded the public to ensure their homes are equipped with fire extinguishers of the dry powder type, along with fire blankets and battery-operated smoke detectors.
The FRD said installation of wiring and electrical equipment should be done by qualified technicians, adding that electrical appliances should be switched off after use or before leaving the house.