THE WASHINGTON POST – Snack boards have become an art form, or maybe even a competitive sport, with images of elaborate, decoratively laid feasts popping up regularly on Instagram.
So, consider this elegant, creamy cheese dip as a centrepiece for your next snack board.
What could be more perfect for gatherings? They are casual but look visually impressive, and don’t require any cooking, which allows the host to show off a little without working too hard.
CREAMY GOAT CHEESE DIP
This lovely dip pairs beautifully with a variety of vegetable and fruit dippers. It’s a breeze to make, too: Just whir goat cheese in a food processor with a bit of milk, fresh herbs, lemon zest, and salt and pepper.
Serve it with, for example, crisp, blanched green beans, fresh snap peas, grape tomatoes, radish wedges, green grapes, as a stand-alone dip or as an inspiring starting point for a fabulous, Instagram-worthy board.
– Eight ounces regular fresh goat cheese at room temperature
– Three tablespoons whole or reduced-fat milk, plus more as needed
– Half cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
– One-and-a-half teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
– One teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
– Quarter teaspoon fine salt
– Quarter teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
In a small bowl of a food processor or mini-chopper, combine the goat cheese and milk and process until smooth and creamy. Add one tablespoon more milk for a thinner dip, if desired.
Transfer the mixture to a medium bowl. Stir in the parsley, thyme, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Serve, or refrigerate until needed. Bring to room temperature before serving.