Thursday, June 13, 2024
26 C
Brunei Town

COVID-19 death toll rises to 58

James Kon

A 47-year-old woman suffering from respiratory problems due to COVID-19 passed away, raising the number of deaths related to the virus in the country to 58.

“By the will of Allah the Almighty and with a heavy heart, the Ministry of Health (MoH) would like to inform the public that one COVID-19 confirmed case has returned to the grace and mercy of Allah the Almighty,” said Minister of Health Dato Seri Setia Dr Haji Mohd Isham bin Haji Jaafar during the daily press conference yesterday.

He said the woman had been receiving treatment at the intensive care unit.

The minister said. “The Ministry of Health as well as the people of Brunei Darussalam, would like to express its deepest condolences to the family and pray that her soul will receive blessings and is placed among the pious.”

Minister of Culture, Youth and Sports Major General (Rtd) Dato Paduka Seri Haji Aminuddin Ihsan bin Pehin Orang Kaya Saiful Mulok Dato Seri Paduka Haji Abidin was also present.

spot_img

Latest

spot_img