21.9 C
Brunei
Monday, June 27, 2022
21.9 C
Brunei
Monday, June 27, 2022
More
    - Advertisement -
    - Advertisement -

    Concerned dad files police report after son gets beaten up in school

    PETALING JAYA (THE STAR) – A concerned father wants action to be taken against a group of youths and teachers after his son was violently attacked in school recently.

    The father, 52, said his 16-year-old son was assaulted by a group of students at a school field at around 9.40am on May 11.

    “A fellow student told my son to meet him at the school field and when he went there, he was surrounded by a group of at least 10 boys.

    “They began insulting him and shouting at him when one of the boys shoved him,” he said when contacted yesterday.

    He said his son was then punched in the face and tried to defend himself but fell to the ground.

    “My son told me that they kicked his head like it was a football. That was heartbreaking to hear.

    “He told me that they also stomped on his head and body and continued to kick him while he was down,” he said, adding that some other students and school staff tried to intervene but were not successful.

    Photos show the 16-year-old boy’s injuries after being assaulted by a group of students. PHOTOS: THE STAR

    He said his son managed to escape and went to the principal’s office to make a complaint.

    “When I met the principal, she then asked me if the matter could be settled but I was dumbfounded.

    “How can such a matter be simply settled? Action must be taken. Just take a look at the injuries my son had to endure,” he said, adding that his son suffered injuries to his head, hands, torso and left leg.

    He said it had been eight days since the assault and his son had not fully recovered yet.

    “I asked him recently if he wanted to go jogging with me but he told me his body was still feeling sore,” he said.

    The father said two police reports had been lodged on the matter and he wanted action taken against the boys and the school.

    “This is not the first time my son has been a victim of bullying. He was first bullied in 2019 but when I went to school, the teachers told me that they made up and were friends.

    “Later that year, one of the boys threatened to use a knife on my son but he did not tell me until April 2020. So, I contacted the school again and asked that action be taken.

    “In July, I followed up with the school but the teacher told me that the boy in question was no longer attending the school,” he said, adding that the fact that the student no longer goes to school there does not excuse the fact that he threatened to use a knife on a fellow student.

    The father did not rule out taking legal action against the assaulters, as well as the school for failing to follow standard operating procedure.

    “I am now looking at our options and will no longer be sending my son to that school,” he said, adding that this whole ordeal also got the attention of Cameron Highlands MP Datuk Ramli Mohd Nor.

    He said Ramli pledged to bring up the matter in Parliament.

    Petaling Jaya OCPD Asst Comm Mohamad Fakhrudin Abdul Hamid confirmed the case, adding that investigations were ongoing under Section 323 of the Penal Code for voluntarily causing hurt.

    “We have already taken statements from the victim, witnesses and teachers.

    “Investigations are ongoing and as it involves juveniles I cannot elaborate further,” he said.

    - Advertisement -
    spot_img

    Latest article

    - Advertisement -
    spot_img