Firefighters extinguishing a fire from a red sedan in the vicinity of Jalan Utama Mentiri using a fire hose reel. The vehicle’s battery head was also removed as a precautionary measure.
No casualties were reported. The cause of the fire and estimated losses are under investigation.
The Fire and Rescue Department advises the public to ensure their vehicles are in good condition, and that there are no leaks that can cause the flow of flammable liquids on the engine block or electrical system.
Vehicle owners are also advised to always ensure that any modifications or additions to the car’s engine electrical system and accessories as well as wiring shall be in accordance with the correct standards by a qualified mechanic as high vehicle electrical currents can cause cables to burn and catch fire.