Three measles cases in Sabah involved non-immunised children  

KOTA KINABALU (Bernama) – The three measles cases reported in the state as of February 9, involved non-immunised children and two of them are non-citizens, said Sabah Health and People’s Wellbeing Minister Datuk Stephen Wong Tien Fatt.

He said the children were between one and six years.

Last year, 73 measles cases and one death were reported with 40 per cent of the cases involved children aged between two and seven, he added.

“A majority of the cases involved local residents while the rest were foreigners and only 15 per cent of them have been vaccinated before,” he said met by reporters after the launch of the Ministry’s website and Chinese New Year celebration yesterday.