KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) – An Afghan official said a Taleban suicide car bomber has targetted an Afghan special forces base on the outskirts of Kabul, killing at least four troops.
Deputy spokesman for the Afghan Defence Ministry Fawad Aman also said three other soldiers were wounded in Thursday’s attack in the Chahar Asyab district in Kabul province.
A plume of smoke rose over the attack site.
Taleban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid has claimed responsibility for the bombing in a statement sent to the media.
The attack is the latest since United States (US)President Donald Trump abruptly called off US-Taliban talks on the brink of an apparent deal to end America’s longest war.
Two Taleban car bombs shook Kabul last week, killing several civilians and two members of the NATO mission, including a US soldier.