Swift action by firefighters stopped a fire from spreading in a container storing sodium and chlorine at the Muara Port on Thursday morning. No fatalities were reported.
Ten firefighters from the Muara Fire Station led by ASO Haji Bujang bin Haji Puteh responded to the incident at 2.36am.
Upon arrival, it was found that a small fire had damaged a container storing sodium and chlorine.
Firefighters equipped with their breathing apparatus, used a water hose to extinguish the fire.
The cause of the fire and cost of damages are under investigation.
Muara Fire Station Commander SO Murni bin Haji Misir was also at the scene.
The Fire and Rescue Department (FRD) reminded the public to ensure their homes are equipped with fire extinguishers of the dry powder type, along with fire blankets and battery-operated smoke detectors.
The installation of wiring and electrical equipment should be done by qualified technicians.
Electrical appliances must be switched off after use or before leaving the house.