Quick thinking saves Lumut home from major damages

Daniel Lim

Quick thinking by the residents affected by a house fire resulted in no one sustaining injuries.

Homeowner Mohamad Harfian bin Haji Ramlee extinguished the fire which originated from an air conditioner and spread to the ceiling before calling the Fire and Rescue Department (FRD) on July 11 at Kampung Sungai Kayu Ara, Lumut.

Led by DSO Mohd Said bin Abdullah, 14 firefighters the Sungai Liang Fire Station were dispatched.

The cause and damage are under investigation.

The FRD advised the public to not overload electrical circuits, turn off unused electrical appliances and ensure the wiring in electrical equipment is properly inspected and maintained.

The FRD also requested residents to equip their homes with fire fighting equipment such as fire extinguishers (ABC dry powder), fire blankets and smoke detectors.

The damage after the fire. PHOTO: FRD