Overloaded electrical socket causes fire at house

|     Hakim Hayat     |

AN OVERLOADED electrical socket caused a fire at a house in Kampong Jerudong yesterday morning, prompting the Fire and Rescue Department (FRD) to issue a reminder for house owners to avoid overloading sockets with too much appliances.

According to the FRD, two fire engines from the Jerudong Fire Station with 11 personnel were deployed as soon as they received the report at 11.21am. A small fire burnt down a refrigerator and coolbox and spread to the ceiling of the house’s porch.

Jerudong Fire Station Commander Mohammad bin Haji Hashim led the operation and contianed the fire within two minutes. Deputy Commanding Officer of Operation ‘C’ Suhaimi bin Haji Muhamad also oversaw the operation.

The losses from the incident was estimated to be around BND15,000.

Fire and Rescue personnel at the scene. – FIRE AND RESCUE DEPARTMENT