The Ministry of Health (MoH) is running investigations and contact tracing on Case 138, who is a close contact of Case 33 (tested positive for COVID-19 on March 15).
The investigation is to determine if Case 138 had been out and about after completing her isolation period.
Minister of Health Dato Seri Setia Dr Haji Mohd Isham bin Haji Jaafar shared this during a press conference to update the public on the latest developments yesterday.
“The patient’s likely link is the employer, as the patient works at home. All contacts she lives with were also tested, and produced negative results,” he said.
Responding to why Case 138 had tested positive only a month after her employer tested positive, the minister said that when the initial swab test was carried out, she had tested negative, and has only now tested positive.
“That is why the ministry is currently running further investigations for contact tracing,” he added.
Meanwhile, the MoH continues to monitor and swab relapse patients.