25.6 C
Brunei
Thursday, February 9, 2023
25.6 C
Brunei
Thursday, February 9, 2023
More
    - Advertisement -

    Minister visits village MPK farm operation

    Lyna Mohamad

    Minister of Primary Resources and Tourism Dato Seri Setia Dr Haji Abdul Manaf bin Haji Metussin visited a farm operated by the Usahasama Agri MPK Sengkurong ‘A’, Mukim Sengkurong last Saturday.

    The minister was welcomed by Chairman of MPK Sengkurong ‘A’ and Village Head of Kampong Sengkurong ‘A’ Dr Haji Abdullah Hanif bin Orang Kaya Maharaja Dinda Haji Saman and farm leader Haji Hamidun bin Haji Ahim.

    Welcoming remarks from Dr Haji Abdullah Hanif marked the opening of the visit followed by a presentation on the background of the farm by Haji Hamidun.

    Phases 1 and 2 of the farm cover 70 per cent of pineapple plantations while cash crops are grown on the remaining 30 per cent of the land, with each acre planted with an individual cash crop.

    The minister and delegates also visited the plots of land owned by the farm’s participants during which he made suggestions and shared ideas on how to increase its production.

    Minister of Primary Resources and Tourism Dato Seri Setia Dr Haji Abdul Manaf bin Haji Metussin in a group photo. PHOTOS: LYNA MOHAMAD
    ABOVE & BELOW: Photos show the minister during the visit

    - Advertisement -
    - Advertisement -
    spot_img

    Latest article

    - Advertisement -
    spot_img