21.9 C
Brunei
Saturday, December 10, 2022
21.9 C
Brunei
Saturday, December 10, 2022
More
    - Advertisement -

    Man Utd back Ronaldo after improper conduct charge: Ten Hag

    LONDON (AFP) – Erik ten Hag on Wednesday signalled Manchester United’s intention to back Cristiano Ronaldo after the star was charged with improper conduct following an altercation with an Everton fan last season.

    Video footage showed Ronaldo appearing to knock a young boy’s mobile phone to the ground after United’s 1-0 defeat at Goodison Park on April 9.

    The 37-year-old was cautioned by Merseyside Police and the Football Association last month charged Ronaldo over the incident.

    United manager Ten Hag has spoken to Ronaldo and told the Portugal striker that the club will support his case.

    Ten Hag initially seemed to suggest that Ronaldo would contest the charge, but a club source subsequently indicated that the Dutch coach’s answer was down to a slight misinterpretation of the question.

    The source said Ten Hag was defending Ronaldo and signalling the club’s support ahead of the player speaking at a personal FA hearing and offering mitigation as he looks to avoid a ban.

    It is believed Ronaldo would not accept a harsh punishment, which United feel would be unfair, rather than disputing that the incident took place.

    “We talked about that and he will not accept it,” Ten Hag told reporters.

    - Advertisement -
    - Advertisement -
    spot_img

    Latest article

    - Advertisement -
    spot_img