AP – The second year of Saudi-funded LIV Golf will be going to three courses owned by former United States president Donald Trump as part of a 14-event schedule in 2023, according to a report from SI.com.
The report said LIV Golf announced its schedule, although the LIV website only said that a full schedule was coming soon.
The rival league previously said it would open its season on February 24-26 at the Mexican golf resort of Mayakoba, which formerly hosted a PGA Tour stop. LIV Golf did not immediately respond to an e-mail seeking comment.
Meanwhile, The Daily Telegraph in the United Kingdom (UK) quoted European tour Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Keith Pelley as saying he and PGA Tour Commissioner Jay Monahan have recused themselves as Official World Golf Ranking (OWGR) board members from any discussion on whether LIV Golf should be receiving world ranking points.
The PGA Tour confirmed Monahan was not part of the December board meeting that addressed LIV’s status. It typically takes a year before a new circuit joins the OWGR system, and LIV Golf’s league of 54-hole events with no cuts falls short of some of the OWGR guidelines.
LIV Golf previously had announced seven sites, including four that previously were used on the PGA Tour or European tour – Mayakoba, The Gallery at Dove Mountain north of Tucson, Arizona; The Greenbrier in West Virginia; and Valderrama in Spain.
The full schedule, according to SI.com, includes Trump National in northern Virginia (May 26-28), Trump National in Bedminster, New Jersey (August 11-13), and Trump National Doral near Miami (October 20-22).