KB house fire causes BND3,800 damage

|     Daniel Lim     |

A FIRE broke out on Thursday in one of the housing units at Barrack Block 700, Jalan Singa Menteri, in Kuala Belait.

Led by Assistant Superintendent Zulkeflee bin Alimas, nine firefighters from the Kuala Belait Fire Station were immediately deployed to the scene, after a distress call was received at 2.46pm that day.

The firefighters managed to contain the fire within five minutes and prevent it from spreading to the adjacent units.

There were no casualties in the incident, which is believed to have been started by faulty wiring, causing around BND3,800 in damage to the house unit.

Firefighters arrive at the scene. – FIRE RESCUE DEPARTMENT