Foreign vehicles must obtain, renew EES pass

The Royal Customs and Excise Department (RCED) under the Ministry of Finance and Economy announced that today, any foreign-registered vehicles in Brunei yet to have an Exit and Entry System (EES) pass or has an expired EES pass are required to obtain and renew the temporary import permission for vehicles through the EES website.

Foreign-registered vehicles in Brunei without an EES Pass is an offence under Section 154 of the Excise Order, 2006 and if convicted, the driver or owner may be fined no more than BND16,000 or jailed no more than eight months or both, with the full vehicle tax levied based on customs assessment.

More details on Friday’s Borneo Bulletin