Brunei Darussalam reported five COVID-19 fatalities yesterday, one categorised as being COVID-19 related, two categorised as death not due to COVID-19, while the others are under investigation.
This was revealed by Minister of Health Dato Seri Setia Dr Haji Mohd Isham bin Haji Jaafar at a press conference yesterday.
The minister said, “On behalf of the Ministry of Health (MoH) and the people of Brunei Darussalam, I convey my deepest condolences to the cases’ families.
“May their souls receive blessings from Allah the Almighty and be placed among the pious.” Meanwhile, 4,095 new cases were recorded yesterday, bringing the national tally of confirmed cases to 84,844 cases. Of the new cases, 3,441 were from antigen rapid test (ART) screening and 654 from RT-PCR laboratory tests performed in the past 24 hours.
Ten COVID-19 cases are in Category 4, requiring oxygen assistance and under close monitoring, while eight are in Category 5 needing artificial ventilation and being treated at the intensive care unit.
Dato Seri Setia Dr Haji Mohd Isham bin Haji Jaafar said, “Some 3,369 cases have recovered, bringing the total recoveries to 46,546 cases. The total active cases are 38,158 cases, while the bed occupancy rate in isolation centres is 10.1 per cent with 339 patients.
“A total of 37,819 positive cases are undergoing home self-isolation,” the minister added.
“As of March 4, over 94 per cent of Brunei’s population had been vaccinated and 55.9 per cent administered booster shots.”
Meanwhile, no violations were detected during the movement restrictions directive between midnight and 4am yesterday.
Minister at the Prime Minister’s Office and Minister of Finance and Economy II Dato Seri Setia Dr Awang Haji Mohd Amin Liew bin Abdullah also attended the press conference.