A section of the veranda and bedroom on the second floor of a building were destroyed during a fire that broke out at a tyre shop in Sengkurong on Wednesday. Swift action by an employee prevented the fire from spreading to other parts of the building.
Eleven fire fighters from the Jerudong Fire Station, led by Watch Commander of ‘C’ team ASO Saini bin Gapor, rushed to the scene upon receiving a distress call. They assisted in dousing the embers.
No injuries or loss of life were reported.
The Fire and Rescue Department (FRD) said all buildings and residences should come equipped with fire extinguishers and fire blankets.
Electrical devices should be switched off after use or before leaving the house. Doors and windows should be kept open in the event of a gas leakage.
Only electrical devices and wiring from accredited companies should be used while electrical supply should not be overloaded, the FRD advised.
Contact the FRD hotline on 995 in case of an emergency.