Fire damages Temburong house

Azlan Othman

Four house occupants at RPN Kampong Rataie in the Temburong District escaped unhurt when their house was gutted in an early dawn fire on Thursday.

Watch Commander of ‘B’ Team ABKS 335 Roslan from the Rataie and Bangar Fire Stations led 11 firefighters dispatched to the scene following an alert at 2.56am.

The fire crew was able to keep the blaze under control. However, despite their best efforts, the fire had burnt down part of the house including a kitchen on the upper level.

The cause and cost of damage are being ascertained.

In light of the incident, the FRD urged the public to equip their residence with fire extinguishers and blankets and to ensure electrical appliances are switched off before leaving the house.

In case of a gas leak, the public is reminded to open windows and doors for ventilation. The public is also reminded to make sure all wirings are in good condition and all inspections conducted by companies accredited by the Department of Electrical Services.

The public can contact 995 in case of emergencies.

The kitchen damaged by a house fire in Kampong Rataie. PHOTO: FRD