KUALA LUMPUR (Bernama) – The investigation into the death of Cradle Fund Chief Executive Officer Nazrin Hassan has taken an intriguing twist with the arrests of his two teenage stepsons, on Saturday.
Selangor CID chief SAC Fadzil Ahmat confirmed the arrest of the two teenagers when contacted by Bernama yesterday.
He said both boys, aged 14 and 16, were detained at Taman Tun Dr Ismail at about 4pm on Saturday.
Fadzil said the remand application on both teenagers were made yesterday at the Petaling Jaya Magistrate’s Court.
Last Thursday, the media reported that two teenagers were arrested to facilitate into the investigations into Nazrin’s death after a forensic examination found two puncture wounds on the victim’s neck, believed to have been inflicted with arrow shot.
According to the report, both teenagers were detained after an interrogation with their mother revealed that the boys possessed archery skills.
However, Selangor Police Chief Datuk Mazlan Mansor then denied the report of the arrest and stressed that the number of people who had been arrested thus far remained at two.
On September 4, police detained Nazrin’s widow and her ex-husband, both aged 43, to facilitate the investigations into the case and they were remanded seven days to assist in investigations.
However, three days later, police released the man at Sea Park police station, Petaling Jaya.
Previously on August 3, Fadzil was reported as saying that Nazrin’s death case was reclassified as a murder after the investigation found traces of petrol at the scene.