COVID-19: Two more patients recovered, discharged

KUALA LUMPUR (BERNAMA) – Two more COVID-19 patients have fully recovered and were allowed to return home yesterday, bringing the cumulative total of people who have been cured to 20.

The Health Ministry in a statement yesterday said the patients were the 14th and 19th cases involving Chinese nationals.

“Case 14 was a 37-year-old woman who was tested positive for the disease on February 5 while case 19 was a woman aged 38 who was confirmed to be Covid-19 positive on February 12,” the statement said.

The duo had received treatment at the Kuala Lumpur Hospital and the Putrajaya Hospital.

So far there has been no new positive case of COVID-19 in the country with only two people still receiving treatment at hospitals.

Both are reported to be in stable condition.

The statement said, as of January 24, the total number of COVID-19 positive cases remained at 22.

Meanwhile, Health Minister Datuk Seri Dr Dzulkefly Ahmad also shared the latest COVID-19 updates via his Twitter account.

Malaysia’s Health Minister Datuk Seri Dr Dzulkefly Ahmad. PHOTO: BERNAMA