Car goes up in flame while parked at home

Hakim Hayat

The Fire and Rescue Department (FRD) responded to a report of a car that caught fire while parked in a home garage on Sunday night at Kampong Tagap, Selayun.

According to a FRD press release, three fire engines from the Jerudong Fire Station were deployed to the scene, led by DSO Misli bin Haji Pungut at 8.54pm.

Upon arrival, the car’s front side was on fire and personnel with breathing equipment acted swiftly to douse the fire with two 64mm to 38mm hoses.

No injuries were reported.

The FRD advised the public to always ensure car modifications involving wirings are conducted by professionals, keep dry chemical power fire extinguisher in cars, and ensure cars over seven years are inspected at sanctioned and proper workshops.

Fire and Rescue personnel dousing the car on fire. PHOTO: FRD