Part of a bungalow and its garage were destroyed by a huge blaze on Wednesday in Jalan Sangai-Sangai, Kampong Masin. No fatalities were reported.
Nine firefighters from Pengakalan Batu Fire Station and six from Jerudong Fire Station led by DSO Serudin bin Haji Osman responded to the distress call at 8.42pm, according to the Fire and Rescue Department. The fire was brought under control within 10 minutes of the firefighters’ arrival.
The cause of the fire and estimated losses are under investigation.
The department reminded the public to ensure their homes are equipped with fire extinguishers of the dry powder type, along with fire blankets and battery-operated smoke detectors.
Any installation of wiring and electrical equipment should be done by qualified technicians, the department added. Electrical appliances must be switched off after use or before leaving the house.
Gas regulators should be covered and unplugged when not in use.