Pet parrot saves man from house fire

SKY NEWS – A man’s pet parrot has saved him from a fire that gutted his house. The man’s house in Brisbane, Australia, was well alight when firefighters arrived just after 2am but Anton Nguyen had escaped without injury.

Nguyen said his pet parrot, named Eric, had woken him up before the smoke detectors raised the alarm. “I heard a bang and Eric – my parrot – he started to yell so I woke up and I smelled a bit of smoke,” he told the Australian Broadcasting Corp.

More details on Thursday’s Borneo Bulletin