A saloon car caught fire near Kampong Belimbing Mosque yesterday.
Ten Fire and Rescue Department (FRD) personnel led by DSO Haji Embran bin Haji Yaakub from Bandar Seri Begawan Fire Station were dispatched to the scene at around 7.06am.
The fire gutted the saloon car and the female driver escaped unhurt. The cause and losses were yet to be determined.
The FRD urged the public to enhance their knowledge on car safety and to ensure that wiring installation for electrical equipment is carried out by authorised workshop staff.
The public is urged to have dry chemical powder fire extinguishing equipment as well as those with vehicles exceeding seven years old to undergo inspection at certified workshops.