Man swallows toothbrush while brushing

GULF NEWS – Doctors in Arunachal Pradesh, India recently had to remove a toothbrush lodged in a man’s stomach, after he claimed that he had swallowed it by mistake while brushing.

The 39-year-old resident of Roing Lower Dibang Valley said that he was trying to clean tooth cavities when the brush slipped from his hand. Though the accident happened on September 15, news reports about the surgery went viral recently, not just in India, but also worldwide. And, Twitter users are finding the explanation quite bizarre.

Tweep @NickMendozaNYC asked: “How does somebody swallow a toothbrush? Not buying it. He shoved it down his own throat.” And, @AlhajiMetomi posted: “How did he manage that. Maybe he pushed it in himself, because I don’t think it is that easy to swallow such a lengthy toothbrush. So weird!”

Alarmed, the man’s family members rushed him to the hospital where an X-ray was conducted. However, the doctors could not locate the toothbrush in the man’s oesophagus.
A surgeon said that the brush must have entered the stomach, and suggested a laparotomy test.

Surprisingly, the patient wasn’t experiencing much pain after ingesting the toothbrush.