Fire guts section of Mulaut bungalow

Izah Azahari

A fire gutted a section of a concrete bungalow house in Ban 3 Kampong Mulaut recently, destroying a living room and bedroom.

The house owned by a local had two other occupants. No injuries were reported.

Watch Commander ‘A’ DSO Serudin bin Haji Osman with 11 firefighters from the Jerudong Fire Station rushed to the scene after receiving a distress call at 4.08pm.

Firefighters wearing oxygen masks entered the house and extinguished the fire within 10 minutes.

Before the firefighters arrived, a neighbour attempted to extinguish the fire at the DB Box section using a carbon dioxide fire extinguisher. The cause of the fire and cost of damage are being investigated.

The Fire and Rescue Department (FRD) urged the public to equip their residences with fire extinguishers and fire blanket, and ensure all electrical appliances are switched off before leaving houses.

The FRD also cautioned against leaving food on the stove unattended. In case of a gas leak, the public is reminded to open windows and doors for ventilation.

The public is also reminded to make sure wirings are in good condition and all inspections are conducted by companies accredited by the Department of Electrical Services. Contact FRD Hotline at 995 during an emergency.