Fire damages Lambak Kanan house

Wani Roslan

A two-storey house in Kampong Perpindahan Lambak Kanan was gutted by a fire yesterday.

Commanding Officer of Operation ‘C’ Branch Senior Superintendent of Fire and Rescue (SSFR) Pengiran Azizul Rahman bin Pengiran Haji Yusop from Lambak Kanan Fire Station alongside 12 firefighters and water tank support from Beribi Fire Station rushed to the scene after receiving a distress call at 8.43am.

Upon their arrival, the fire had burnt down part of the house including a bedroom, dining room, kitchen and store at the ground level.

Part of the house destroyed by fire. PHOTO: FRD

The firefighters put out the blaze in six minutes, and no injuries were reported.

The house is owned by a local with seven occupants, and an additional house is rented to
three Indonesians, the Fire and Rescue Department (FRD) stated.

The cause of the fire and cost of damage are being investigated.

In light of yesterday’s incident, the FRD urged the public to equip their residences with fire extinguishers and fire blanket and to ensure all electrical appliances are switched off before
leaving houses.

The FRD also cautioned against leaving food on the stove unattended. In case of a gas leak, the public is reminded to open windows and doors for ventilation.

The public is also reminded to make sure all wirings are in good condition and all inspections are conducted by companies accredited by the Department of Electrical Services and not to use electrical equipment that can cause overload.

Members of the public can contact 995 for emergencies.