A storeroom and two vehicles were destroyed by a blaze at a house in Kampong Lumapas on Monday afternoon.
All 13 residents of the house escaped unharmed.
The Fire and Rescue Department (FRD) received a distress call at 2.47pm.
DSO Maidin from the Sungai Kebun Fire Station led eight firefighters to the scene, where a massive fire engulfed a storeroom beneath a house. The two vehicles in the area were also destroyed.
Firefighters controlled the fire in five minutes using two fire hoses. The cause of the fire is under investigation.
FRD reminded the public to have ready a fire extinguisher, fire blanket as well as smoke detectors in their premises; to switch off all appliances before leaving the house; to not leave cooking unattended; and to open the windows for ventilation in the event of a gas leakage.