PUTRAJAYA (BERNAMA) – The Malaysian Ministry of Health (MoH) has detected a new COVID-19 cluster involving a senior citizen care centre in Kuala Selangor after three positive cases were detected so far.
Health Director-General Datuk Dr Noor Hisham bin Abdullah said two positive cases were detected on May 17 through screenings at the home while the third case was tested positive through Severe Acute Respiratory Illness (SARI) screening when the patient was admitted to Tanjung Karang Hospital on June 13.
“This was the second test for the (third case) patient as the patient was tested negative during the first screening at the old folks home,” he said in the daily media conference on COVID-19 yesterday.
Dr Noor Hisham said to date, 12 workers and 26 residents were tested with all staff and other 24 residents tested negative.
“Active case detection is underway and preventive measures have been taken including disinfection and decontamination,” he added. Meanwhile, Dr Noor Hisham also noted that 3,692,287 users had signed up for the MySejahtera mobile application since it was launched on April 20.
The application has been improved with a ‘Check-in’ feature on June 1 and is widely used since June 6, he explained.
“This new function has been well received as in just 13 days, 119,837 business premises have registered for the QR codes while 10,006,857 check-ins have been registered across the nation,” he said.