Faulty gas cylinder regulator causes leak

James Kon

A faulty liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) cylinder’s regulator caused a gas leak at a premises in Kampong Sengkurong B area on Sunday night.

The Fire and Rescue Department (FRD) dispatched six firefighters from the Jerudong Fire Station led by ASO Saini on receiving a distress call at 6.59pm.

Firefighters moved the LPG cylinder to a safe area and opened all windows and doors of the premises.

In light of the incident, the FRD warned the public against lighting a fire or switching on electricity if the case of a gas leakage.

The public is urged to use kitchen cooking components such as a hose and gas regulator approved by Brunei Shell Marketing Company Sdn Bhd and ensure that the hose is not faulty.

They are also encouraged to equip their homes with a fire blankets, smoke detector, and a two kilogramme dry powder fire extinguisher.

The public can contact 995 during an emergency.

A firefighter removes the LPG cylinder to a safe area. PHOTO: FRD