Five people who tested positive in the Ministry of Health (MoH)’s serology survey for COVID-19 were found to be free from active infection after a nasal swab test.
These findings were announced yesterday by Minister of Health Dato Seri Setia Dr Haji Mohd Isham bin Haji Jaafar, at the daily press conference on the COVID-19 situation in the country.
He said, “During the press conference on June 15, the Ministry of Health announced that a serology survey would be conducted this week, at selected mosques. In this regard, news of a viral message regarding a participant who tested positive in the survey has reached our ministry.
“The serology survey is being conducted to estimate the proportion of the population in this country, who may have been infected in the last few months. This is to help the Ministry of Health establish the baseline for population immunity to this infection.
“The participants who tested positive in this survey are likely to have been infected with the virus and most were likely unaware that they had been infected. To ascertain that they do not have an active infection at this time, they and their household members will undergo a swab test for the SARS-CoV-2 virus.
“At present, five individuals have tested positive for the serology survey, and this number is likely to increase” he said.
“But Alhamdulillah, the participants who were found to be positive in the survey, as well as their family members, tested negative in the swab tests and confirmed to be free from active infection.”
Dato Seri Setia Dr Haji Mohd Isham also advised the public not to worry when receiving news about those who tested positive in the serology survey.
The MoH will continue to carry out the serology survey for COVID-19 at selected mosques, until June 20.