PHNOM PENH (XINHUA) – Cambodia yesterday confirmed a new imported COVID-19 case, bringing the total infections in the kingdom to 129, according to a Health Ministry’s statement.
The latest case is a 21-year-old Cambodian man, who flew back to Cambodia from Malaysia on Tuesday and the testing result showed that he was positive for the virus on Wednesday, the statement said.
Health Ministry’s Secretary of State and spokeswoman Or Vandine said the new patient is currently undergoing treatment at an isolation hospital ward in capital Phnom Penh.
“More than 200 other passengers (all are Cambodians) aboard the same flight have been put under a 14-day quarantine at various quarantine centres, she said.
According to Vandine, the Southeast Asian country has so far recorded a total of 129 confirmed COVID-19 cases, with 126 patients cured and three remained hospitalised.