The Fire and Rescue Department’s (FRD) Operation ‘E’ branch handed over a community service certificate to Muhammad Suhaibul Danial bin Dalim, who extinguished an electrical fire on May 16.
It was presented by Commanding Officer of Operation ‘E’ branch Senior Superintendent Mohd Yudieswandy bin Bakar.
The Public Relation Officer of Operation ‘E’ Branch was also present.
Muhammad Suhaibul managed to put out the fire that engulfed a bulb holder using a dry foam fire extinguisher before fire personnel arrived.
The FRD advised the public not to overload electrical usage and switch off unused electrical appliances; ensure electrical wiring are in good condition; and equip premises with fire extinguisher (ABC powder type), fire blanket or battery operated smoke detector. The public can contact 995 for emergencies.