Brunei Darussalam has recorded its second death from a confirmed case of COVID-19.
At the daily press conference providing updates on the situation, Minister of Health Dato Seri Setia Dr Haji Mohd Isham bin Haji Jaafar said that a 56-year-old man, officially known as Case 94, had passed away at 7.30am at the National Isolation Centre (NIC) yesterday. The patient had been in the Intensive Care Unit at the NIC, since March 25.
He was already exhibiting signs of infection two days before March 24, when he was diagnosed with COVID-19 and admitted to the NIC.
“In order to protect and respect the privacy of the deceased, as well as the confidentiality of his family, the Ministry of Health will not divulge any personal details,” said Dato Seri Setia Dr Haji Mohd Isham.
“Members of the public are also requested to respect and not to disseminate information regarding the deceased and his family.”
The minister also conveyed his condolences on behalf of the Ministry of Health and the citizens of Brunei Darussalam, saying, “May his soul be blessed by Allah the Almighty, and placed among the righteous.”