SINGAPORE (BERNAMA) – Singapore’s Ministry of Health (MOH) yesterday reported 191 new cases of COVID-19, taking the republic’s tally to 2,299.
The ministry said in a statement that of the new cases, no imported cases were reported while 52 were linked to known clusters, 20 to other cases and 119 pending contact tracing.
Among the linked cases, MOH said 51 cases were linked to clusters at foreign worker dormitories and 21 to non-dormitory clusters or other cases.
Three more dorms were identified as new clusters and they are Westlite Woodlands of Woodlands Sector 2 with eight cases; North Coast Lodge of North Coast Avenue with six cases; and Cassia @ Penjuru of Penjuru Walk with five cases.
In all, there are at least 10 affected dorms from 43 in the republic with more than 500 combined cases so far. Meanwhile, three local cases involving Malaysian men holding Singapore work passes – aged 26, 31 and 44 – were reported.
They are each currently warded at the Singapore General Hospital, City International Hospital and the National Centre for Infectious Diseases (NCID).
The republic has also reported its eighth death due to COVID-19, involving a 90 year-old male Singaporean.
The elderly man was confirmed to have been infected on April 3 and admitted to the NCID on the same day.
According to the MOH, 35 more cases of COVID-19 have been discharged from hospitals or community isolation facilities, thus, in all 528 have fully recovered.
Of the 943 confirmed cases who are still in hospital, most are stable or improving including 31 in critical condition in the intensive care unit.
The ministry said 820 cases, who are clinically well but still tested positive for COVID-19, were isolated and cared for at community facilities. As at noon, MOH has identified 26,189 close contacts who have been quarantined.