Highlights from today’s press conference
Here are highlights from today’s press conference at the Ministry of Health (MoH) with the Minister of Health Dato Seri Setia Dr Haji Mohd Isham bin Jaafar.
- The Ministry of Health confirmed 2 new positive COVID-19 cases in the country today, bringing the total number of cases to 133.
- Case 132, aged 40 years old is the wife of Case 103. She does not have any travel history and has initially went for the laboratory COVID-19 test on March 24 which tested negative. However, she started developing symptoms (sore throat and flu) on March 30.
- Case 133, a local man aged 38 years old returned from United Kingdom via Singapore April 1. He developed symptoms (fever and cough) on March 16 when he was still in United Kingdom but did not have any symptoms on the flight back to Brunei.
- 4 more cases treated at the National Isolation Centre have recovered and allowed to return home, bringing total number of people recovered to 56.
- Three patients are in critical condition, requiring ventilator support while one patient requires intensive care. The rest are in a stable condition.
- As of today, as many as 451 individuals are undergoing quarantine according to the Infectious Diseases Act (Chapter 204) and a total of 1858 have completed the quarantine period and are in good health.
- Since the emergence of COVID-19 in early January 2020, a total of 7055 laboratory tests for COVID-19 have been conducted.
Case 121 linked to tabligh cluster
The Minister of Health said that the investigation of Case 121, who source of infection was unknown earlier, has been linked to several cases from the tabligh congregation that have been tested positive with COVID-19 in Brunei, where several of them met with Case 121 on March 8. Case 121 started developing symptoms on March 17.