China says its COVID-19 peak is over

BEIJING (Xinhua) – The peak of the current outbreak of novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in China is over, a government spokesperson said yesterday. New cases keep declining and the overall epidemic situation remains at a low level, spokesperson for the National Health Commission Mi Feng said at a press conference in Beijing. Mi said the number of new confirmed cases in Wuhan, the epicentre in central China’s Hubei Province, has dropped to a single digit, with only eight cases reported on Wednesday. No new cases had been reported in other cities of Hubei for a week in a row, Mi said. More details in Friday’s Borneo Bulletin