SINGAPORE (CNA) – Singapore yesterday confirmed 23 new cases of COVID-19, of which 18 are imported.
The new cases take the national total to 455 cases.
The imported cases had travelled to Europe, North America, South America and ASEAN countries, the Ministry of Health (MoH) said in its daily update.
All except one case were returning residents and long-term pass holders. Nine of the imported cases had travelled to the United Kingdom, while three others had visited the United States.
Four more patients have also been discharged, MoH said. To date, a total of 144 cases have fully recovered from the infection and have been discharged from hospital. Of the 309 confirmed cases who are still in hospital, most are stable or improving.
Fourteen are in critical condition in the intensive care unit.
Singapore on Saturday confirmed its first deaths from the disease – a 75-year-old Singaporean woman and 64-year-old Indonesian man.
The woman, known as Case 90, was linked to the cluster at The Life Church and Missions Singapore.
She had a history of chronic heart disease and hypertension and had not travelled recently to affected countries and regions, MoH said.
The second patient, known as Case 212, was a 64-year-old Indonesian man with a history of heart disease. He reported the onset of symptoms on March 9 and had been hospitalised in a hospital in Indonesia for pneumonia.
He arrived in Singapore on March 13 and sought treatment at Mount Elizabeth Hospital, and was admitted in a critical condition to NCID on the same day.