Faulty wiring leads to fire at Seria restaurant

James Kon

A loose connection to a light of the kitchen hood for griddle machine is believed to have caused a small fire at a fast food restaurant in Seria Plaza yesterday morning.

According to Fire and Rescue Department (FRD), an emergency call was received at 7.58am. A fire engine with three firefighters led by ASO Md Zulkifli bin Md Tahir from Seria Fire Station rushed to

the scene. At the scene, there was a small fire in the kitchen. It took a minute to distinguish the fire using the fire extinguisher.

No one was hurt in the incident and the estimated cost of damages is BND800.

The FRD reminded the public to carry out regular maintenance of electrical appliances by accredited parties and make sure the electrical supply is not overloaded as well as to switch off electrical appliances after use.

In case of emergency, members of the public can contact FRD hotline 995 and they are urged to provide accurate information about the incident.

ABOVE & BELOW: The griddle hood and its faulty wiring that caused the fire. PHOTOS: FRD