Princess Cruises’ newest ship, Sky Princess, will be launched in the Mediterranean in less than 60 days and offer cruises around this exotic region that departs from a choice of three ports – Athens (Greece), Barcelona (Spain) and Rome (Italy) from October 20 through December.
Guests can choose from a variety of seven-to 28-night cruises where Sky Princess will visit picturesque destinations such as Italy, Spain, Greece, France, Malta, Gibraltar, Montenegro and Portugal.
“Cruising in the Mediterranean and Europe is very popular globally because a seven-night cruise can take you to five to six destinations in one trip,” said Director Southeast Asia, Princess Cruises Farriek Tawfik.
“Cruising is very convenient as you need to unpack only once and wake up in a new destination
every morning. Cruising is also more affordable than a land holiday, as accommodation and food have been taken care.”
In December, Sky Princess will sail to North America and offers a season of Caribbean cruises roundtrip from Fort Lauderdale, Florida in the United States (US). In April 2020, Sky Princess will depart for Northern Europe to offer Scandinavia and Russia cruises that depart from Copenhagen (Denmark), Berlin (Germany) and St Petersburg (Russia) until September, 2020.
Princess Cruises ships offer world-class facilities, luxurious amenities, outstanding entertainment and exceptional dining options.
Sky Princess can accommodate 3,660 guests, offering a host of new features that include:
• Princess MedallionClass enabled by the OceanMedallion, a complimentary wearable device that is the size of a coin, offering a supreme new level of service as well as a more personalised and seamless cruise experience for guests.
• Sky Princess will debut the world’s first digitally-enhanced escape room called the Phantom Bridge, offering guests the exclusive opportunity to live a real-world, gamified experience. The game lasts 23 minutes and can be played by up to six people. More than 700 outcomes are possible, so it can be played repeatedly.
• World-class dining with more than 25 restaurants onboard such as the World Fresh Marketplace (buffet) to the Crown Grill Steakhouse, Sabatini’s Italian Trattoria and a French Bistro with menus created by a three-star Michelin Chef.
• Award-winning entertainment offerings, including new jazz lounge Take 5, the popular Vista Lounge, an enhanced Princess Theatre, and new exclusive entertainment options. Take 5 is the only jazz theatre at sea and celebrates all things jazz – with live performances by dedicated jazz musicians, dance lessons, engaging speakers and workshops, guest performers and after-hours parties.
• Largest Balconies at Sea in the Sky Suites accommodations, featuring the largest continuous private balconies ever offered by any cruise line. The two suites will have sleeping capacity for five guests, making them ideal for families.
• The Enclave at Lotus Spa features Princess Cruises’ largest thermal suite at sea – featuring a stunning hydrotherapy pool, heated stone beds, Turkish bath and dry, steam, and aromatherapy chambers.
• Princess Cruises continues its partnership with Discovery Inc to create onboard programming and Discovery and Animal Planet shows. Guests can choose from family friendly shore excursions and onboard activities such as Stargazing at SEA. Younger cruisers, 17 and under, will also enjoy the Camp Discovery Youth and Teen Centres.