BETHENNY Frankel’s plane turned around after serving fish on board.
The Real Housewives of New York star suffers from a rare fish allergy and last month her new boyfriend saved her life when she went into anaphylactic shock after she became “unconscious for 15 minutes” after eating soup.
And the reality star almost came into contact with fish again on January 3, when she spotted bass being served to customers on board her flight.
Though she informed the cabin crew, she insists she “protested” them flying the plane back.
She tweeted, “Called airline mult x to say I have fish allergy. Got on and they’re serving bass. They couldn’t not serve it they said. Then they were turning around which I protested because it would delay people. Cabin asked to not serve it and pilot made announcement to plane. That was fun. #epilife (sic)”
Several of Bethenny’s followers questioned the severity of her allergy, but she replied saying it is “transmitted by touch and air” and is “fatal”.
The 48-year-old author then retweeted a link to an article about a young boy, whose parents claimed he died on New Year’s Day as a result of smelling fish.
She then advised airlines to be more cautious with what they serve, while she added, “being trapped in a cabin (with) no windows (while) cooking fish is a death trap.”
Not naming the airline she travelled with, she continued, “The airlines and world needs to change. I was always self conscious about it and today didn’t help.
“This airline knows who they are. And this policy will change if it is all I focus on. I almost screwed everyone’s night up too, which the pilot delightfully announced.”
The brunette beauty was fortunate to have had her epinephrine epipen injector with her when she suffered her “near-fatal” reaction in December. – BANG!