| Fizah HAB |
A TOTAL of 133 fire cased for houses and buildings were recorded from last year to March this year, said Commanding Officer of Operation ‘C’ Branch Senior Superintendent of Fire and Rescue Pengiran Azizul Rahman bin Pengiran Haji Yusop (pic below).
He made this statement during a press conference yesterday.
The Fire and Rescue Department reminded the public to be vigilant and alert during the school holiday.
He reminded the public to plan fire safety measures containing action procedures in case of a fire and how to escape during a fire, learn about fire safety and causes of fires, know at least two exit routes to avoid being trapped during a fire, understand how to respond to fires and own fire prevention equipment – fire extinguishers and blankets as well as smoke detectors.
Pengiran Azizul Rahman, said human negligence is the main cause of accidental fires.
He said excessive use of electrical appliances, unmonitored cooking, gas leak, faulty wiring and short circuits were among the causes of fires.