The walk-in vaccination programme is offering 1,300 slots every Friday, from 2.30pm to 8pm, to those looking to receive the first dose of vaccination, said Minister of Health Dato Seri Setia Dr Haji Mohd Isham bin Haji Jaafar at the daily press conference yesterday.
As part of the standard operating procedures (SOPs) and safety precautions, The MoH is also prepared to screen 5,000 individuals using the antigen rapid test (ART) kit prior to vaccination.
Meanwhile, the minister in addressing the issue of language barrier when interacting with foreign nationals at the vaccination centre said the Ministry of Health (MoH) receives assistance from volunteers, including those from embassies to translate the procedures, particularly during pre-screening and filling out paperwork.
In response to a question on confusion regarding available vaccination slots, the minister said those who went home empty-handed have been provided explanation on the number of slots each Friday.
He also noted that some individuals refused to leave the premises after they had been told of the closing of the walk-in programme for the day in hopes of chancing a last-minute free slot.
He shared that there is a possibility of extending the walk-in programme by an hour.
The minister also said, “With a new directive implemented to allow only those with BruHealth app to go out after 6pm, we hope that they would get the necessary device to help them book a vaccination slot.”