LOS ANGELES (dpa) – Mike Scott and Paul Millsap scored 20 points apiece, and the high-flying Hawks ran their winning streak to 13 Monday, 93-82 over the visiting Detroit Pistons.
The Eastern Conference-best Hawks (34-8) climbed to within a victory of matching the franchise-record set during the 1993-94 season.
They’ve also won 27 of their last 29 games, including 12-1 at home.
Al Horford netted 14, Kyle Korver added 13 for Atlanta, which was dominated on the boards (61-42) but held its guests to an icey 35 per cent field goal shooting.
Greg Monroe had 16 points with 20 boards while Andre Drummond accumulated 13 points and 18 rebounds for Detroit (16-26) which lost for just the third time in the last 14 games.
– New York Knicks 99, New Orleans Pelicans 92: The league-worst Knicks (6-36) ended a franchise-record 16-game losing streak behind Carmelo Anthony’s 24 points and 21 from Langston Galloway to top the short-handed Pelicans (20-21), still without injured starters Anthony Davis and Jrue Holiday.
– Houston Rockets 110, Indiana Pacers 98: League top gun James Harden fired in a season-high 45 points and the visiting Rockets (29-13) handed the Pacers (15-28) a fifth straight loss.
– LA Clippers 102, Boston Celtics 93: Blake Griffin scored 22 points, DeAndre Jordan added 19 with 12 rebounds, and the Clippers (28-14) held off the visiting Celtics (13-26) for their eighth win in the last 11 games.
– Golden State Warriors 122, Denver Nuggets 79: Klay Thompson scored 22 points, Stephen Curry added 20, and the league-best Warriors (33-6) rolled to their franchise-tying 16th consecutive home-court victory after rocking the Nuggets (18-23).
– Dallas Mavericks 103, Memphis Grizzlies 95: Monta Ellis scored 25 points, German juggernaut Dirk Nowitzki added eight of his 21 in the final two minutes, and the visiting Mavericks (29-13) tamed the Grizzlies (29-12), who received 22 from Mike Conley.
– Cleveland Cavaliers 108, Chicago Bulls 94: LeBron James scored 26 points, J.R. hit six triples en route to 20, and as the Cavs (22-20) blitzed the visiting Bulls for their third straight win.
Jimmy Butler netted 20 points for the Central Division-leading Bulls (27-16) losers in four of their last five games.
Portland Trail Blazers 98, Sacramento Kings 94: Damian Lillard dropped in six of his 22 point down the stretch, including the go-ahead layup with 80 seconds left, and the Trail Blazers (31-11) escaped the Kings to snap a three-game slide.
Rudy Gay scored 26 and DeMarcus Cousins added 22 with 19 rebounds before fouling late in Sacramento’s (16-25) fourth straight loss..
In other games: the Washington Wizards spanked the visiting Philadelphia 76ers 111-76: the Charlotte Hornets stung the West-worst Minnesota Timberwolves 105-80; the visiting Toronto Raptors topped the Milwaukee Bucks 92-89; and the Phoenix Suns burned the visiting Lakers minus Kobe Bryant 115-100.