KOTA KINABALU (Bernama) – The police search for a missing Italian businessman has been widened to Lahad Datu, Semporna and Sandakan, and possibly, the interior of Kinabatangan, says Sabah Police Commissioner Datuk Jalaluddin Abdul Rahman.
He said all district police chiefs in eastern Sabah had been directed to distribute pictures of William Bocchi to facilitate investigations.
It is learnt there was no criminal element in connection with his disappearance.
Bocchi, 52, was reported missing last week after arriving in Lahad Datu on Oct 13.
According to footage obtained from a closed-circuit television camera recording, he was last seen checking into the Four Point Hotel in Sandakan on Oct 13 at 9.25pm, and checking out the following day.